Saturday, December 19, 2009

Andrew's Birthday and the Snow of the Decade!

Last Wednesday (December 16th) Andrew turned a quarter of a century old. We celebrated by going out to Ragazzi's for dinner. Andrew's present to himself was a Shop-Vac...exciting, I know! I attempted to bake a cake for him, but for some reason it turned into the consistency of angel food cake and so when I tried to ice it, the cake just fell apart and it was pretty much a disaster. Andrew was nice about it though and I still managed to pull one decent-looking piece out and stick some candles on it!





Yesterday and last night we were hit with the biggest snow storm in more than a decade. We measured 15" outside of our house. It is SO beautiful out! Andrew and I took a nice long walk around our neighborhood this morning. Unfortunately the snow is pretty powdery so my efforts at making a snowman failed miserably. I did save some snow in order to make some "snow cream" tonight though (you mix 8 cups of snow with 1 can of sweetened condensed milk and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract - yummy). Here are some pictures of the winter wonderland at our house.

This is what we woke up to this morning.






Yep, that's 15 inches!


Time to clean off the steps and the Jeep




I was making a snow angel...in the middle of the street






Starkey Road this morning...the "main" road leading to our neighborhood


Andrew standing in the middle of Starkey Road


James wanted to go outside...we let him feel the snow and I think he was content to stay inside then.

So, needless to say, we're not going anywhere today or tomorrow. Andrew isn't sure if they'll have to go back to school at all next week for the 2 days before Christmas break starts. I will probably have to go to work, but I'm looking forward to taking some time off the week following Christmas. I hope everybody enjoys the snow!

P.S. Christmas is less than a week away!!

No comments:

Post a Comment