Saturday, June 13, 2009

Salem Red Sox Game & Bike Ride

Last night Andrew and I went to the Salem Red Sox game for "Teacher Appreciation Night." He had gotten a free ticket at school and we managed to bum one off somebody else in line, so we both got in for free! We also didn't know this beforehand, but they had fireworks at the end of the game...very exciting. There was a great crowd there - we had a hard time finding a seat! The Red Sox played well and pulled off a win of 6-0 against the Myrtle Beach Pelicans. Here are some pictures from our night out.



After we were all done, Andrew took me out for some ice cream at Brusters. So all in all, it was a great night :)

Today we decided to go for a bike ride on the Roanoke River Greenway (http://www.roanoke.com/multimedia/wb/156008). It was probably just over 10 miles round trip, and it was a very nice, scenic, and easy ride. We really enjoyed it and we're looking forward to going back again soon.


Now we are getting ready to go to a cookout with some friends in our Sunday school class. A busy weekend for sure! Andrew is also officially done with school, so I know he is really excited about that. Work is going well for me, and I also just started going to a new Bible study with some great ladies. We are doing Beth Moore's study called Esther:It's Tough Being a Woman. I've just gotten started, but so far I really like it. Well, I believe that's all for now...gotta jet off to the cookout. I hope everybody enjoys the rest of their weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment