Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Our "new" kitchen!

Everybody (okay, whoever does most of the cooking...in our case, that's me) spends a lot of time in their kitchen. Therefore, I guess it's fair to say that it's important to like your kitchen. When we moved into our townhouse, our kitchen was decorated with a very obvious theme: CHICKENS! EVERYWHERE! I really don't mind chicken-themed kitchens at all, and I even added a few of my own (okay, my mom's) chicken decor. Well, I guess the chickens started to get to me after a while, so we decided it was time for a change. This past 4th of July weekend we re-designed our kitchen. Let me just say, I LOVE IT! Andrew did such a good job taking off the wallpaper, which was a real headache to say the least. I worked on painting the cabinets and some of the walls, and Andrew also did a lot of painting, too. We also replaced the hardware on the cabinets. To give you an idea of the transformation, below are some of the "before" pictures. Some of these were taken a while back before we even moved in, but you can get the idea!


This is what our kitchen used to look like. As you can see, the cabinets were white.



This is a picture of the wallpaper and the border...CHICKENS!!



And of course, even the cabinet hardware was chicken-themed.


Alright, now that we have seen the "before" pictures, here is what it looks like now. I hope you like it! We think it looks much more modern and clean looking.



TA-DA!






A closer look at the cabinets and the new hardware, compliments of my mom, who was also replacing her kitchen hardware at the same time!




Like I said, I don't totally hate chickens, as you can see by what we call "the chicken coop," aka, our pantry. I think it looks nice in there, and that is enough chickens in one kitchen for me. James also decided to make a cameo appearance. He likes the new kitchen, too. Actually I don't think he noticed the changes because they can't see colors very well.

So anyways, that was our adventure this past weekend. Lots of hard work, but definitely worth it in the end. We did manage to go sit in front of the South Roanoke Fire Station to watch the fireworks at River's Edge. They put on a good show!











On the agenda for next weekend: OUR FIRST YEAR ANNIVERSARY!

1 comment:

  1. it's a very nice kitchen. it looks so much better than it did- even though it was wacky cute then too. but it does look clean and very nice. y'all did good.

    ReplyDelete