Thursday, July 23, 2009

A weekend in PA

Sorry I'm a little behind in posting about this, but better late than never I suppose! This past weekend we went up to York, PA to visit Andrew's family. We left on Friday after I got off work and we stayed through Sunday. After we got there and caught up for a little while, we watched Marley and Me, which was really good, but also kind of sad. On Saturday we went to a baseball game between the York Revolution and the Lancaster Barnstormers. We literally had front row seats! The stadium was very nice and the game was fun. The York Revolution put up a good fight at the end, but the Lancaster Barnstormers took the win. After the game, there was a free Steve Holy concert (he sings "Good Morning Beautiful" and "Brand New Girlfriend"). As if we hadn't had enough fun already, we played putt-putt after that. I do believe Nancy (Andrew's mom) took the win and Andrew and I tied for second. For dinner we went to Cracker Barrel, which is always a crowd-pleaser. We spent the rest of the evening relaxing and we watched Madea Goes to Jail (very funny!). On Sunday we enjoyed a nice breakfast and lunch relaxing on the back porch, and then it was time to head on back to Roanoke. As always, we had a great time with Andrew's family and we look forward to going back up there soon. Here are some pictures from our weekend.



Andrew and I at the game



The York Revolution



This guy would stand up when the York Revolution was batting and get the whole section to yell, "HIT THE WALL!" He is quite the fan, as you can see that the back of his shirt says "Section 5" and "Hit the Wall."



Steve Holy



All of us after our game of putt-putt


I think we'll be taking it easy this weekend and start to get ready for our trip to the beach. We'll be going to Litchfield, SC the first week in August. If you have never heard of Litchfield, it is just south of Myrtle Beach. I am really looking forward to going to the beach, especially since I haven't been in two years. I think working full time also makes me appreciate vacations a whole lot more, too. Well, I better go get ready for tomorrow! TGIF!

No comments:

Post a Comment