Sunday, December 6, 2009

The Biltmore

I hope everybody had a great Thanksgiving last weekend! I always love Thanksgiving and Christmas because it means spending time with family, good food, and relaxing.

Instead of going to the crazy malls on Black Friday, Andrew and I went with Andrew's parents and sister to the Biltmore in Asheville, NC. Although I knew this was a BIG house, it is just one of those things that you have to experience in person in order to fully grasp. The house covers 4 acres, totaling 175,000 square feet. It consists of 250 rooms that include 35 guest and family rooms, 43 bathrooms, 65 fireplaces, and three kitchens. Andrew and I tried to put in an offer, but for some reason they said it wasn't for sale right now. Maybe later.

Anyways, we had a great time and I really enjoyed seeing the house. We actually decided to upgrade our tickets to 12-month passes, so we will definitely be going back a few times this next year. They don't allow pictures to be taken inside the house, but here are a few of the outside.













No comments:

Post a Comment