Saturday, June 26, 2010

Litchfield Beach 2010

Andrew and I just returned home from a much-needed vacation to Litchfield Beach, SC. Andrew had just finished up with school a week earlier, and I, well, I could always use a vacation! I think I began my countdown approximately two months ago and surprisingly, it got here before I knew it.  Unfortunately, the vacation also ended before I knew it.  But, as usual, we had a great time at the beach and brought home lots of fun memories and a few souvenirs, too.

We went on a few long bike rides, played a little tennis, went shopping at the outlet malls, sampled the local fare, and of course, did some hardcore relaxing.

One of the new things we discovered this year is the Marsh Walk.  It is located in Murrells Inlet, which is just north of Litchfield.  It's a long boardwalk that goes behind all of the restaurants and overlooks the inlet and all of the boats, which is really pretty at sunset. As you walk, you can listen to all of the different bands playing at the restaurants and there was also some entertainment along the way, including a crazy Hawaiian man playing with fire and some weird guy making roses out of palm tree leaves.






Every year at the beach, we're constantly on the lookout for alligators. For some reason, we saw a lot more than usual this year.  All I've got to say is...thank goodness for a camera with a zooming lens!


Andrew and I also both really love photography and taking pictures. Traditionally, we've woken up at sunrise and gone out to the beach to take pictures. We decided to skip that this year and instead decided to take pictures at sunset instead.  I'm really glad we did because it was absolutely gorgeous, and it sure does beat waking up so early. 








We also took some fun pictures of ourselves...








After we were all done with that, we decided to have a little fun and we took some "ghost" pictures. Since it was pretty dark, we left the shutter open for a long time while we ran in and out of the picture. Since we weren't in the same spot the whole time, we look like ghosts.



As I mentioned before, although the week went by way too fast, we had a really great time.  It was so nice to relax and spend time with each other, as well as my family.  I'm already looking forward to next year!

For now, it's back to the grind until our next trip this summer, coming up in just two (hopefully) short weeks.  We'll be celebrating our 2nd anniversary at the Biltmore!

No comments:

Post a Comment