Friday, December 31, 2010

Another Ketchup Blog

Around the holidays everything gets a little busy, so while I really do LOVE ketchup, this post is not actually about ketchup at all. Rather, it's about me catching you up on what we've been doing recently. Why the cheesy name? Maybe I'm a little tired...I've got three hours to kill before the big shiny ball drops and I'm giving it everything I've got to stay awake, hence a blog post. So, here we go...

Andrew's Birthday
Andrew turned 26 on December 16th. As a birthday present, Mother Nature sent a nice snowstorm so that he could stay home from work for two days and enjoy a nice four day weekend.

If you sit back from the computer and blur your eyes a little, you'll see that I didn't just randomly cram 18 candles into Andrew's cake...

Andrew blowing out his candles (he doesn't know he was wearing this hat...thank you, clip art)

Just what every man needs...A Superman Snuggie - Andrew's present from his parents.

It's a Wonderful Life
On December 18th, Andrew and I went to the Barter Theatre in Abingdon, VA. We saw "It's a Wonderful Life", which is one of Andrew's favorite movies. The play was very well done and it was perfect for puting us in the Christmas spirit.


The view from our seats and a shot of the set.

Afterwards we walked over to the beautiful Martha Washington Inn.


Christmas!
The majority of our Christmas celebration took place on Christmas Eve. We did something different with presents this year. Instead of buying a gift for each person, we did a Chinese gift exchange (aka Dirty Santa, present swap, etc.). It was a lot of fun and definitely a lot less stressful with not having to do as much shopping. It was so great to see everyone and Mom and Dad cooked up a great meal, as always.

Siblings

Landon - he's getting so big!

On Christmas morning we woke up to a beautiful White Christmas. As any good Christmas day should go, we spent it laying by the fire in our pajamas all day.


sleepy kitty by the fire

As Andrew said, only I would decorate the cat for Christmas.

Happy New Year!
It's now just a little over an hour until we begin a new year. And no, I don't really have any resolutions. I don't like making them because I will inevitably break them and feel like an epic failure. So I just prefer to take it one day at a time and do something a little bit better each day. Keep my house a little cleaner, eat a little healthier, and be a better wife, daughter, and friend. So maybe those are a little resolutionesque, but don't hold me to them...especially the one about keeping my house clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment