Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The Beach and Our THIRD Anniversary!

I can't believe it has already been over a week since we came back from the beach and our beach trip with my family has come and gone. Time is going by TOO fast!

Not only am I a little delayed in doing a blog post about the beach, but I'm also disappointed with myself that I really didn't take that many pictures while we were there. Few pictures does NOT mean that we didn't have a great time...it just means that we stayed too busy for me to even think about grabbing my camera to snap a picture!

Every morning at the beach we all either went running, riding, or walking. Afterwards, Andrew and I generally recouped from our morning until lunch time, after which we headed to the beach or the pool for the afternoon until it was time for dinner. We all took turns making dinner, and we went out to eat twice. This was pretty much our week! Nothing too exciting, except for maybe our trip to the outlets. I feel like we stayed busier this year than before, and for some reason I think that made the week really fly by!

Thankfully the weather was really great. It was hot and humid (as usual), really windy a few days, and towards the end of the week the air started to get smoky from a wildfire that was burning in North Carolina.

I'm sorry that I didn't take more pictures, but here's a look at a few moments from our vacation!


Most importantly, the ocean. The water was really warm, but I didn't get in because I'm a chicken and I don't like for weird unseen stingy things to touch me. Below, Andrew and I are posing with the ocean to prove we were actually there.




And in goes Andrew :)


Above is my sister and I with our semi-matching outfits. Per my dad, the economy is doing well when people wear madras. This is why he is a dentist, not a stockbroker. Below is a cute/sour face from my nephew, Landon. The two times we went out to dinner we discovered that he really likes lemons, even though they are clearly sour.



One night after dinner we went to the Marshwalk in Murrells Inlet. It was new last year and word had obviously spread about how awesome this place is because it was really crowded. It's basically just a dock/walkway behind a bunch of awesome restaurants with lots of cool boats and beautiful views of the inlet. Above is me with my siblings and nephew. Below is a shot of Andrew and me at the marshwalk.


And finally, below is a cute picture of my nephew on one of his many strolls.


Again, I apologize for not taking more pictures, but we really had a great time and had a lot of fun!

On a different note, today Andrew and I are celebrating our THIRD anniversary! Talk about time flying by! It has been a great three years. We've had a lot of fun together and we have definitely grown closer. Being married rocks :)


To "celebrate" I took the day off so that we could spend a little more time together. We didn't do anything super exciting, since we had sort of decided to count our trip to Holden Beach earlier this year as an "anniversary gift" to ourselves. We were going to do something outside today, but it was almost 100 degrees outside so we went to a new self-serve frozen yogurt place downtown called Frogurt, then we snuggled up on the couch and watched True Grit.


A good anniversary, if you ask me. Here's to many, many more to come :)

No comments:

Post a Comment