Saturday, May 23, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

First and foremost, welcome to our blog. I've decided that I'll go ahead and be the first one to do a post.

This past week has been pretty busy. Lauren has been working really hard at work getting caught up on the new "digits" they were just assigned last week. My students have been taking SOL tests last week. All of my Virginia and U.S. History classes have finished theirs, but I haven't received any scores yet. My World History II students take their SOL next week on Wednesday. I always think that the SOL tests are much more stressful on the teachers than they are on the students. I'm not exactly sure why, maybe it's the fact that your entire year is judged based on a 60 question tests that you don't even take!

So, to get away from all that work and business, we're heading out to the lake for Saturday and Sunday, and coming home Sunday afternoon. Hopefully the weather will be nice, the water will be warm, and the fish will be biting! We'll be sure to post some pictures when we get home (hopefully in time for the Coca Cola 600 on Sunday).

No comments:

Post a Comment