Sunday, September 5, 2010

Labor Day Weekend

I know the weekend isn't over quite yet (thank goodness), but I thought I'd go ahead and post about our weekend activities so far.

Yesterday we went to a very fun and lovely wedding at Sinkland Farms in Christiansburg. I have known the bride and her wonderful family for quite a while, so it was so great to see her get married and to see two great families coming together.

The ceremony took place inside of a really neat barn

The coolest chandelier I have ever seen...made out of glass bottles and hanging in the middle of the barn

The bride and her dad walking down the aisle

The pond just down the hill from the barn

Andrew and me at the reception

As you can see, the venue was so pretty and they couldn't have asked for more perfect weather. We had a great time being a part of the couple's big day.


Today was yet another gorgeous day. After church, Andrew and I went to the Potts Slope shooting range in Craig County, just north of New Castle. The drive alone was worth the trip; it was spectacular, especially today with such great weather.






We had never been to this range before so we didn't really know much about it. It's free to shoot, but you have to supply your own targets. Thankfully Andrew is a handyman and made us some nice target stands (below).


There were other people there but it wasn't overcrowded and everyone was friendly and respectful (which is always a good thing when there are guns involved). Andrew brought his 9 mm pistol and his .303 rifle. I brought my new .38 special revolver; this was my first time getting to shoot it.

As you can see, we had a good time...












After we used up all of our ammo, we went back home. On the way home we did a little exploring on one of the forest service roads off of Rt. 311.

Good times!

I'm not sure what our plans are for tomorrow but they will probably consist of relaxing and cheering on the Hokies as they face off against Boise State. Yay for football season!

No comments:

Post a Comment