Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Day Two Brings Snow

2 days down, 16 to go.

Today's class was once again a review of things I already knew. You have no idea how hard it is to stay awake and pay attention for 8 hours while listening to something you already know. Thank goodness for coffee. It's also frustrating that not everybody has the same experience or pre-requisite training. So while I understand everything we're going over, some people don't. And so as not to comfuse anyone, whenever we ask questions about a more complex subject we're told that "we aren't going to go over that here...you'll learn that when you get back home...". Really? I don't understand why I'm here then. But I must remind myself that it's only the second day, so hopefully I will learn something in the next 16 days of class. Okay - enough complaining.

Wait...no, I lied. I have one more thing to complain about. Today I went to the fitness center because I couldn't run outside due to the snow. I had to run on the treadmill that was one foot away from a white wall because all of the others were taken. It was the most boring 40 minutes of my life. I thought about trying to pretend that I was outside in the snow (with the white and all), but it just wasn't working. The only thing saving me from insanity was my iPod shuffle (thanks to my wonderful hubby who gave it to me for Christmas).

Okay, enough negativity. Dinner tonight was good. Also, it snowed! Some people would say this is a bad thing, but I really love the snow. It's so pretty. One advantage of being here is that we don't have to go outside to get anywhere, which is great since it's cold and snowy. I just looked out my window and I think we have about 5 inches. It's dark though so I can't really tell.

I'll leave you with a picture I took earlier this afternoon of the nice view out of my room window. When it's clear you can see alot farther, but the snow is pretty too.

No comments:

Post a Comment